Lost or forgot the driver door keypad code on your '01 Explorer Sport? Here's an easy and no-cost way to get it. It took me about five minutes to get my code. It's located on the computer module under the defroster vent on the passenger side. The code should be in this location on all 2001 Ford Explorer Sport SUVs.
Right-click on images to enlarge:
1. Using a straight-blade screwdriver, carefully pry the entire defroster vent off of the dash. Use a straight-up prying motion so that you don't break the clips.
2. After prying off the entire vent (from passenger side to driver side,) set it out of the way.
3. With the vent removed, this shows the location of the computer module on the passenger side of the dash.
4. Looking through the windshield from outside the vehicle, you can see the computer module exposed by the removal of the defroster vent.
5. Use a flashlight to illuminate the white label. You will have to bend down toward the windshield wiper to be able to see the number. It's in large print (thank God!) and should be easy to read.
6. After you get the number, test it to make sure you didn't misread it. If it works, go ahead put the defroster vent back on. Be careful to position it correctly, using the edges on the dash as a guide, so that the clips go in easily.